How To Tie A Palomar Knot
I use this knot to tie braided line to hooks and lures or when using a dropshot rig with fluorocarbon line.
1. Take the line and go through the hook eye, pulling out about a 10 to 12 inch tag.
2. Now, go back through the way you came out, creating about an 8 inch loop, with about an 8 inch tag along side the main line.
3. Tie the loop and the main line with the tag together, using an overhand knot.
4. Take the lure or hook and put it through the original loop.
5. Now, pull the tag and main line, drawing the knot to about the size of a half dollar.
6. Time to lubricate your knot. The best way, is to run the knot through your mouth and use saliva.
7. After the line has been lubricated, It’s time to cinch up the knot.
8. Pull the tag and main line together, keeping the original loop above the hook eye, until the knot is nice and tight.
9. Now, trim the tag a little less then a quarter inch.
You just learned, how I tie the Palomar Knot.